1. What are your safety/health policies in regards to COVID-19?
Is it safe to swim? Yes . Per the CDC, “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools, hot tubs or spas, or water playgrounds. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools, hot tubs or spas, and water playgrounds should inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
Only one caretaker per child is allowed on the pool deck. NO parents are allowed in the water unless it is a parent/child lesson.
While on the pool deck please remain 6 feet apart and I ask that you be mindful of others and patient while occupying shared spaces.
I ask that clients arrive only five minutes before their scheduled lesson time to keep occupancy numbers within guidelines. Likewise, please exit the pool deck as soon as possible following your lesson. At this time no one is allowed in the water prior or post their lesson time.
While in the water with clients I will be wearing a face shield. My goal is to continue to provide a warm and nurturing swim experience while also keeping my clients and myself safe.
Please bring your own goggles if possible.
If you have had a lesson with Coach Amy and have come in close contact with anyone who has experienced COVID-19 symptoms, I ask that you please notify me immediately before returning. You may be asked to obtain medical clearance before returning to the swim lessons.
Any individual with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 is asked to notify me and remain out of swim lessons until receiving written medical clearance to return.
If you have traveled outside of the country or been in contact with anyone who has, or with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or any flu-like virus, please notify Coach Amy immediately before returning. You may be asked to obtain medical clearance before returning to swim lessons.
2.Do you work with non-verbal special needs clients? Yes, I have worked with non-verbal clients for over 13 years now.
3. What does my child need to bring to lessons? Your child needs a swim suit and swim goggles. Additionally if your child is not fully potty trained a secure swim diaper and swim pant is required. Please be aware if your child has an accident in the pool you will be responsible for a $250 pool cleaning fee.
4. How long will it take for my child or me to learn to swim? Every individual learns at their own pace and therefore this time frame all depends on the student's starting point and own personal learning curve. It is important to note that it is typical for children to progress rapidly at first then stall or even regress if they are out of the water for long periods of time.
5. Do I need special equipment for stroke technique instruction? You will need goggles, a swim cap if you have long hair, and a functional swim suit.
6. Will my child or I have the same instructor each time? Yes, I am the only instructor for Swim For All. This is a huge advantage for the insecure child or participant.
7. Should my child take lessons year round? Yes, if possible. Consistently attending swim lessons enables the student to become comfortable, confident and skilled in the water. Lessons do not have to be every week with Swim For All. You may set up your own schedule.
8.Does my child have to take lessons at the same time every week? No, I will work with your schedule. Lessons can be weekly, bi-weekly, or whatever works best for our schedules.
9. Can I do one trial lesson and see if it is a good fit? Yes, I offer free 10 minute evaluations as well as discounted trial lessons. Please contact me for more information.
10. Do you do make-up lessons? Yes, for private and semi-private lessons.
11. What is your policy for canceling lessons? A 24 hour notice is greatly appreciated when possible. Any no-shows or cancelled lessons within 4 hours of the lesson time may not be refunded.
12. When and how do we pay? Payment is due to prior to each lesson or group of lessons by cash, check, Venmo, or PayPal. Checks should be made out to Swim For All. If using PayPal you will incur the PayPal fees. Please note there will be a $25 fee for any checks that do not clear the bank.
13. Do you work with beginner adults? Yes, I work with all ages and all abilities.
14. Why don't you offer afternoon or evening lessons year-round? I typically have family obligations in the afternoons and most evenings during the school year.
15. Do you have experience with other disabilities besides autism? Yes, I have worked with children with cerebral palsy, downs syndrome, deaf, epileptic disorders, Cohen's syndrome, and children with other genetic disorders.
16. What makes Swim For All different than other swim programs? I strive to make each participant's experience rewarding and customize the lessons to fit each client's needs. I am the only instructor and this allows for you to have a consistent, personalized lesson.
17. What is your bad weather policy? If your lesson needs to be cancelled due to heavy rain, thunder,lightening, or chilly temperatures we will work together to reschedule your lesson.